A few days ago, I went on a long weekend with my sister, Laura, and her friends for her bachelorette party. We rented a cabin at Deep Creek Lake, MD and couldn’t have had more fun! Laura’s friends were so sweet and I had such a great time with them. It was also my first time away from the baby, so lucky me got to pump every few hours. A few of Laura’s friends planned bachelorette games, brought decorations, and created photo booth props. Some of the games included “Porn or Polish” (deciding if names were porn names or nail polish names… you’d be surprised!) and Honeymoon Mad Libs. So fun! On Friday night, we cooked out at the house. We spent Saturday morning at Deep Creek Cellars and the afternoon at Wisp. Such a relaxing weekend 🙂
Maintaining my diet on the road is always a concern, here are a few tips and tricks that helped me along the way!
- Grocery shopping beforehand! I went to the grocery store the day before the trip and packed a cooler. I figured it would be easier to bring a few staples than to navigate an unfamiliar grocery store once I got to our destination.
- Making crowd pleasing recipes vegan-friendly. We grilled out on Friday night, so we had hamburgers and veggie burgers, vegan potato salad, a cucumber tomato salad, and corn on the cob. Everyone was happy, and no one was left out!
- Lucky for me, the restaurant we picked for lunch had some great options besides the go-to veggie burger! I had a kale salad that had brussels sprouts, radishes, walnuts, and cranberries.
- For dinner, we ordered pizzas. After looking through the menu, I opted for a GF pizza since the crust was dairy free, no cheese, and some veggie toppings and sauce. The rest of the group enjoyed their pizzas with other toppings!
- I usually end up eating a lot of french fries on road trips, since it’s hard to find vegan meal options. I was so surprised that I found a delicious vegan meal at Sheetz! They have burritos in their Made to Order section, it was great!
Check out some other fast food restaurants that have vegan options here!
My sweet baby sister gets married in less than 2 months, can’t wait!